(London, UK December 14, 2018) Valeo Groupe Europe announced today several notable milestones that occurred in 2018.
In early Q1,
Valeo Groupe Europe, through one of its affiliated entities, acquired Urban Student Life Ltd, (USL) a full-service specialist student management and development company, which has 3,000 beds under its management. This acquisition also includes the operation and management of two student-facing brands – LIVStudent and Urbanstudentlife, under the Valeo Groupe Europe name.
- LiV Student opened its first European development in Dublin, Ireland with 216 beds with 100 percent occupancy.
- The company broke ground on its next 586 bed LIV Student property in Sheffield which boasts Liv Student’s second-generation brand standard designed with the resident in mind. This property is on schedule to open for the 2019 academic year.
- Valeo Groupe Globally expects to commence development across its international platform in excess of £500mm in 2019. This includes its Valeo Groupe Europe, Valeo Groupe Americas and Valeo Groupe Nordics divisions.
- Urban Student Life will continue to grow its third-party management business with its fund and High Net Worth Investors to acquire and manage student residences across the UK and Europe.
- Valeo Groupe Europe and Advisors closed its first Iberian fund with Bankinter, one of the largest banks in Spain, and Plenium Partners an experienced Investor and Manager with a total equity raise of €153,000,000 Combined with a its planned debt facility, the fund is targeting a total investment of approximately €375-425 million to develop student residences in the main universities of Spain and Portugal, under Valeo’s LiV Student Brand. The fund has already acquired its first piece of land in Granada and plans to commit its capital during the first half of 2019. “These are exciting times for Valeo Groupe Europe. We are proud of our team and could not have better partners in Spain as we grow our footprint on the Iberian Peninsula,” said Ted W. Rollins, Chairman of Valeo Groupe and Valeo Groupe Europe. The company will continue its expansion in the Iberian market, through the development, construction, execution and management of residential assets for students, targeting Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Sevilla Malaga, Lisbon, Porto and other cities.
“Valeo Partners has been in a major expansion mode,” said Rollins. “With our dedicated teams, their unwavering commitment to our communities, our customer experience and the environment, we will continue to achieve great things. I am humbled by their commitment and the help we receive from everyone on a daily basis.”
Valeo Groupe Europe is an affiliate of Valeo Groupe, which offers multinational interests in both senior and student niche housing markets. Valeo and its team members have a combined 100 years of experience in development, construction and operations, focused on student accommodation. Valeo Management Limited is the services arm of Valeo Groupe Europe which provides unparalleled development, construction and property management services to Valeo’s Investors. Valeo’s executive team is comprised of former members of Campus Crest Communities (Americas) and Opal Property Group (UK). Campus Crest Communities grew to the second-largest student housing REIT in the world with more than 46,000 beds in the US and Canada. Opal Property Group was one of the largest student accommodation companies in the UK and Europe and developed, constructed and managed more than 20,000 beds in the UK. Valeo’s focus globally is leaving communities better than they found them, with an unwavering commitment to the customer’s experience, driven by our culture and teams.